IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
BUREAU OF CERTIFICATION SERVICES SHIFTING TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
The Bureau of Certification Services (Bureau) in the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) is making the change to corresponding with child care providers through email. The change is being made to save the costs of printing and postage and permit faster and more efficient communication with child care providers.
The Bureau has email addresses for almost half of the 8,555 child care centers, group child care homes and family child care homes in Pennsylvania. With the changeover to electronic communication, the Bureau requests that every child care provider submit to the Regional Office an email for each facility and for the legal entity (business owner). Attached is a map showing the counties covered by each Regional Office. A provider who operates facilities in more than one region should submit email addresses to each Regional Office.
The email address you provide should be accessible to a person or persons at your facility or organization who:
- Are responsible for operation of the facility; and
- Have the authority to handle transactions on behalf of the facility such as submitting renewal applications, receiving notices regarding the date of the annual inspection, submitting plans to correct regulatory violations, etc.
You want to ensure that communication from the Bureau of Certification Services will reach the appropriate persons in your organization.
Providers may submit email addresses to the Regional Offices in one of the following ways:
1. By emailing the Regional Office at the email address below. In the email, please include the facility name, address, telephone number and email address as well as the legal entity name, phone number and email address.
- North Central Region OCDEL:
¨ Harrisburg Office: RAemail@example.com
¨ Scranton Office: RAfirstname.lastname@example.org
2. By calling the Regional Office. The telephone numbers for each Regional Office can be found on the attached Regional Map by clicking here
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES NO LATER THAN MARCH 31, 2013. Remember: The email address you submit should be accessible to a person or persons responsible for operation of the facility who has the authority to handle transactions on behalf of the facility.
If you do not have an email address, there are many free email services available. Some of the more well-known services are:
If you do not have a computer accessible on a regular basis, public libraries across Pennsylvania have computers with internet service available for public use. You can find public libraries listed in your local telephone book. A list of public libraries in Pennsylvania is available online, see Pennsylvania Public Libraries by County.
Going forward, please keep your email address updated. The application for a certificate of compliance or registration includes space to report an email address for the location (facility) and for the legal entity. Each time you submit an application for a certificate be sure that you provide the email address for your facility and for the legal entity.
Thank you for your attention to this important change in communication with the Bureau of Certification Services.